Laban's LeatherCrafting Slideshow

Welcome to my Leather craft Blog

Hello and welcome to my Leather crafting blog. This site is not a how to guide or similar it is simply a place for me to share my leatherwork projects and celebrate my new found hobby. Please feel free to comment on my work and have a nice day.

Cheers

Laban

Sunday 26 February 2012

Ipad Cover

Well my latest and if i do say so myself greatest project is finally complete. This project took 2 weekends, including careful planning, tooling, knife work and a dye process with 4 stages. I used all of the techniques i have learnt to date and the final result looks pretty good if i do say so myself.

The original project designs look like this

Tandy Leather Craft Ipad Kit
My final design 
Front - Dragon Scales with Dragon

Back - Dragon Scales with Initials in Scroll

Ipad Cover

This iPad cover features a Dragon Scale effect and 2 central framed sections with a Dragon and my Initials in a winding scroll.

The colouring includes Saddle tan for the images, Black Dye for the borders and Briar Brown for the Scales and border.

Stitching is Double Loop

I really enjoyed making this :)

2 comments:

  1. Great job! I'm about to start one of these for my wife's iPad. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you have absolutely just made my day.!! :)
      Thanks for being the first person to comment on my work. I hope you enjoy making the cover for your wife :). Do you have a blog of your work so i can see how it turns out?

      Kind regards

      Laban

      Delete