Laban's LeatherCrafting Slideshow

Welcome to my Leather craft Blog

Hello and welcome to my Leather crafting blog. This site is not a how to guide or similar it is simply a place for me to share my leatherwork projects and celebrate my new found hobby. Please feel free to comment on my work and have a nice day.

Cheers

Laban

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Leather Journal Cover

Busy busy busy.....I wish I had more time for my leather working. I plan to do a project but something always comes up or needs to be done. I finally found time this week to sit down and enjoy a new project. Pene created a journal of inspirational thoughts, sayings and images using her awesome "stamping up" skills, so i offered to make her a leather cover for it.

The border patterns were created with a craft aid and swivel knife. The raised leather disc in the centre with a flower was actually my first attempt at coloured leatherwork (see my post in February of the coloured coaster) that i glued to the cover as a feature.

As you can see i have greatly improved my colouring skills since my last attempt on the Dragon Belt. 

I think that i have learnt that the colouring / dying process is an exercise in patients. The less you rush the better the outcome.

I think Pene was very pleased with her journal cover.....very satisfying outcome for all :)

Leather Journal Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment