Laban's LeatherCrafting Slideshow

Welcome to my Leather craft Blog

Hello and welcome to my Leather crafting blog. This site is not a how to guide or similar it is simply a place for me to share my leatherwork projects and celebrate my new found hobby. Please feel free to comment on my work and have a nice day.

Cheers

Laban

Saturday 14 July 2012

Guitar Strap - My first One

Well its the school holidays, all my preparation for the next term is done and the tax man has paid me back so i've had money to spend and time to spend it.

I went to the Grenhalgh Tannery in Ballarat and bought my first pieces of Veg tanned sides. One side was 4mm thickness for use in the making of Guitar straps / belts. I also spent a small fortune on tools required for cutting, shaping, punching, stitching and dying leather.

Armed with all of these shinny new things I have made my first attempt at making a Guitar Strap from scratch.......see results below.

At work I share an office with a fantastic fellow who's passion is playing the guitar. He and I have discussed guitar straps at length and he gave me an old strap that i used as a template for this project. Therefore this first strap is for him.

I think its turned out really nicely considering its my first attempt. I will be a little more adventurous with my next strap but i was more focused on the process than the outcome this time.

Guitar strap

Guitar strap

Guitar strap

No comments:

Post a Comment